Determined Auto Accident Lawyer Serves Clients Throughout Alabama
Helping victims of vehicular accidents recover full compensation
If you have been injured in a car crash or another vehicular accident, you will be out of pocket for medical expenses and other costs while potentially losing wages due to inability to work. In Alabama, winning compensation for these losses requires establishing that another party was mostly at fault for the accident. Insurance companies and their lawyers do not willingly hand over the money you claim you are due. While you fight to recover your health, let Jake Watson, P.C. fight for the money damages you are due. I have more than 15 years of experience litigating tough auto accident cases. I can provide the aggressive representation you need to secure a fair settlement or pursue justice in court.
Experienced in challenging vehicle accidents cases throughout Alabama
My knowledge and experience extend across many types of vehicular accident cases, including:
- Commercial trucks — Crashes involving commercial trucks are complex and expensive to litigate. But I have the knowledge and experience to overcome insurance company tactics in such hard-to-win cases.
- Motorcycles — Proving fault can be difficult for motorcycle riders seeking damages, since their alleged negligence is often cited as a contributing cause. I am always prepared with the strongest evidence available to counter the defense’s attempted shifting of blame.
- All-terrain vehicles —ATVs and other recreational off-highway vehicles need not be registered in Alabama. As such, there are no safety standards or required inspections. What’s more, operators do not need to hold a driver’s license or pass any training or safety course. As a consequence, accidents rates are high, especially among inexperienced riders.
- Injured pedestrians — When a person is fully exposed to the impact of a moving vehicle, the results are often disastrous.
In each of these cases, there may be special circumstances that can make the difference in achieving a settlement or verdict that truly provides just compensation. You can trust me to work tirelessly to prove your case.
Dealing with diverse causes of vehicle accidents
Pinpointing the cause of an accident is a necessary part of determining who is responsible.
- Distracted driving — Texting or any other activity that takes a driver’s mind and eyes off the road can put him and others in danger. I know how to get the evidence that proves driver distraction was a factor in a crash.
- Reckless driving — Excessive speeding or failing to follow other traffic rules can result in devastating collisions. I examine police reports and witness testimony to substantiate your claim.
- Drunk driving — Alcohol, illicit drugs, prescription meds or sleep deprivation can make a motorist unfit to drive and lead to serious and sometimes fatal accidents.
- Weather conditions — Rain, snow and other weather conditions create challenges for drivers and can affect the functionality of cars. When weather is a factor in an accident, I work to show how much of the accident was a driver’s fault and how much was unavoidable.
- Defective auto parts — Automakers who fail to alert their customers to defects can be held liable for the problems caused by their negligence. Similarly, if a driver doesn’t attempt to remedy a known problem with their vehicle, they may face repercussions when an accident occurs.
After determining the cause of an accident, the next step is to hold the at-fault parties responsible for their share of the damages. This sometimes requires dealing with uninsured or underinsured motorists. I am skilled in obtaining judgments and using all remedies available to collect moneys due.
Alabama law places time limits on filing accident claims, so it is important to seek legal help immediately following a car accident so that evidence can be gathered and a claim promptly initiated.
Let a skilled auto accident lawyer in Huntsville fight for your rights
If you have been injured in a vehicle accident anywhere in Alabama, Jake Watson, P.C. has the experience and determination to fight aggressively for the compensation you need and deserve. I offer free initial consultations for injury cases and work on a contingency basis, so you pay no legal fees unless I recover compensation for you. To schedule a free consultation and case evaluation, call Jake Watson, P.C. at [ln::phone] or contact my office online.