Jake Watson concentrates on representing people accused of crimes in state and federal court and representing people wrongfully injured. He earned the acquittal of one man who had previously been sentenced to Alabama’s death row before he received a new trial based on prosecutorial misconduct. Mr. Watson earned acquittals in other cases, including both federal and state cases. He has been honored by the Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association for outstanding work on a capital murder case.
Huntsville DUI and criminal law attorney Jake Watson is a staff instructor at Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyers College in Dubois, Wyoming. In 2010, Mr. Watson attended the Clarence Darrow Death Penalty Defense College at DePaul University College of Law. In 2003, Mr. Watson graduated from the National Criminal Defense College in Macon, Georgia.
Areas of practice
- White collar
- Personal injury
- Car wrecks
Admitted to practice
- Montana, 2001
- Alabama, 2002
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama, 2002
- Gonzaga University School of Law, JD, 2001
- Gonzaga Law Review
- National Moot Court Team
- University of Alabama, Montana State University, BA
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association
- Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Alabama State Bar
- American Association for Justice
- Alabama Association for Justice
If you would like to schedule a consultation with a DUI attorney in Huntsville, call the office of Jake Watson Law at or contact him online.